Nordic Buy Out Forum – the biggest annual M&A event in the Nordics.
Save the date and register for the 2023 event now.
The event is supported by the Norwegian Venture Capital and Private Equity Association (NVCA).
Ta kontakt med
Nordic Buy Out Forum 2022 – highlights
On December 8, Wiersholm invited the private equity industry and professionals working in M&A in the Nordics to Nordic Buy Out Forum 2022, now in its eleventh year. As well as a look at recent trends and horizon scanning for the M&A landscape, the main themes of the Forum were ‘Investing in Turbulent Times’, ‘Energy Crisis and Energy Transition’ and ‘Tech Sector Turmoil – What’s Next?’
08:30 - 09:00
- Light refreshments
09:00 - 09:45
Part 1 | M&A Trends and Outlook
- Opening remarks: M&A highlights // Jarle Kvam, Wiersholm
- What is on the other side, and the impact on Nordic M&A activity // Kristian B. Fyksen and Bengt Jonassen, ABG Sundal Collier
- Private equity at work – value creation and employment through a time of crisis // Ellen Amalie Vold, NVCA
09:45 - 11:05
Part 2 | Investing in Turbulent Times
- Corporate venture: How to invest strategically and find the next winners? // Kjersti Reinsnos and Børre Stokholm, Equinor Ventures
- Corporate carve-outs, family and entrepreneur businesses: How to unlock a PE deal in turbulent times // Mark Taylor and Marius Østlie, Exponent Private Equity
- Scandinavian capitalism – our approach to sustainability and value creation // Christian Sinding, EQT
- High yield bonds – flexible funding for private equity owned companies // Christian Jomaas and Lisa Karlsen, Pareto Securities
11:05 - 11:20
- Coffee, fruits etc.
11:20 - 11:45
Part 2 | Investing in Turbulent Times – continued
- Opportunities in industrial green transition // Tom Jovik, Altor Equity Partners
11:45 - 12:25
Part 3 | Energy Crisis and Energy Transition
- Energy transition and complex adaptive systems – identifying new niches and investment opportunities // Anne Maria Eikeset, Norges Bank Investment Management
- The energy crises and consequences for the energy transition and energy M&A // Jarand Rystad, Rystad Energy
12:25 - 13:00
- Sandwiches, coffee, fruits etc.
13:00 - 13:40
Part 3 | Energy Crisis and Energy Transition – continued
- Energy investments in transition // Ove Gusevik, HitecVision
- Infrastructure opportunity in a changing market environments: energy transition, inflation and digitalization // Daniel von der Schulenburg, Ardian
13:40 - 14:45
Part 4 | Tech Sector Turmoil – What's Next?
- Carve-out transactions: Who owns the data and important considerations to make // Kristian Elvestad Ottesen, Wiersholm
- From local hero to international star: How do you scale B2B software companies? // Erik Fjellvær Hagen, Viking Venture
- 8 digital trends which will impact private equity investments // Stefan C. Heilmann, IEG Investment Banking Group
- Closing remarks // Jarle Kvam, Wiersholm
About Nordic Buy Out Forum
Nordic Buy Out Forum is initiated and organised by Wiersholm and supported by the Norwegian Venture Capital & Private Equity Association (NVCA). It is a renowned arena for networking and knowledge sharing for the venture capital and private equity industry and others involved in the transaction market in Norway and the other Nordic countries.
Since the first Nordic Buy Out Forum was held in 2011, the number of participants has been steadily increasing. We are now proud to say that the conference attracts the most important players in the industry.
Over the past ten years plus, we have had a large number of prominent speakers, from the Nordics and beyond. Here is an overview of previous agendas with speakers and selected highlights.