Wiersholm proudly presents our annual Nordic Buy Out Forum. The next event will be on December 8 2022. Register and save the date now.
The event is supported by the Norwegian Venture Capital and Private Equity Association (NVCA).
Nordic Buy Out Forum 2021 – summed up
On December 2, Wiersholm had invited the Private Equity industry and professionals working with M&A in the Nordics to our tenth annual Nordic Buy Out Forum. The overarching topic was: What trends and developments will shape the next ten years of M&A?
Over the past ten years, we have had a large number of prominent speakers, from the Nordics and beyond. Here is an overview of previous agendas with speakers and selected highlights.
About Nordic Buy Out Forum
Nordic Buy Out Forum is initiated and organised by Wiersholm and supported by the Norwegian Venture Capital & Private Equity Association (NVCA). It is a renowned arena for networking and knowledge sharing for the venture capital and private equity industry and others involved in the transaction market in Norway and the other Nordic countries.
Since the first Nordic Buy Out Forum was held in 2011, the number of participants has been steadily increasing. We are now proud to say that the conference attracts the most important players in the industry.
08:30 - 09:00
- Light refreshments
09:00 - 09:35
- Opening remarks: Looking back – looking forward // Jarle Kvam, Wiersholm
- Trends and developments in M&A: How will the future differ from the past? // Are Andersen and Knut Brundtland, ABG Sundal Collier
09:35 - 11:05
Part 1: Climate Change and the Road to Net Zero
- EU towards net zero and potential implications for M&A // Christer Tryggestad, McKinsey & Company
- Boom and bust, and boom again: What the next decade of cleantech investment will bring // Kristin Aamodt and Tom Rand, ArcTern Ventures
- Opportunities of the green energy transition – from an investor perspective // Christian Skakkebæk, Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners
- Take-overs on Euronext Growth // Svein-Helge Hanken and Anne Lise E. Gryte, Wiersholm
11:05 - 11:25
- Coffee, fruits etc.
11:25 - 12:15
Part 2: Next Stage of the Information Revolution
- HG – a new model of PE ownership // Mikael Männik, HG Capital
- Digitally enabled consumption – a driver of increased emissions or part of the sustainability solution? // Bjarne Lie, Verdane
12:15 - 12:40
Part 3: Road Ahead for PE
- Transformations at scale – and on steroids // Halvor Meyer Horten, Bain Capital
12:40 - 13:20
- Sandwiches, coffee, fruits etc.
13:20 - 14:50
Part 3 – continued: Road Ahead for PE
- Can Private Equity save capitalism? // Reynir Indahl, Summa Equity
- ESG efforts in Private Equity // Ellen Amalie Vold, NVCA
- Our commercial approach to ESG and net zero // Frode Strand-Nielsen and Rebecca Svensøy, FSN Capital
- Direction of travel for the PE industry the next 10 years – implications for Nordic buyout and PE market // Grete Rød, Bain & Co
- Closing remarks // Jarle Kvam, Wiersholm